Microscopy – Advanced Technologies and Global Market (2010 – 2015)INTRODUCTION
1.1 KEY TAKE-AWAYS
- To define and measure the global market for advanced microscopy technologies with respect to products and applications.
- To analyze market structure by identifying various sub-segments of the global market for advanced microscopy technologies.
- To forecast revenues of the global market for advanced microscopy technologies and its various submarkets with respect to the four main geographies of North America, Europe, APAC and RoW (LATAM, Middle East & Africa).
- To identify major market trends and factors driving or inhibiting growth of the global market for advanced microscopy technologies and its various submarkets.
- To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trends and contribution to the overall global market for advanced microscopy technologies.
- To analyze opportunities in the market for the stakeholders by identifying high-growth segments of the global market for advanced microscopy technologies.
- To strategically profile key players of the global market for advanced microscopy technologies, and analyze their market shares and core competencies in each segment.
- To track and analyze competitive developments such as alliances, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, new product developments, and research and development in the global market for advanced microscopy technologies.
Microscopes have been in use since the 17th century and since then, technical advances have greatly widened the scope of microscopy. Digitization has led to greater precision of the images. The development of confocal microscopes and new technologies in electron microscopes is boosting the growth of the microscopy market.
The possibility of reducing errors in clinical trials through advancements in microscopy has further boosted the interest of manufacturers to develop new technologies. Also, with technological shift away from compound optical microscopes and increase in life sciences spending, the market for microscopy is expected to grow at a steady pace in the next few years. Discoveries in nanotechnology and increased funding for research to observe cells and tissues have increased the demand for microscopes. This has led to companies increasing their focus on R&D efforts to come up with sophisticated and advanced microscopic equipment. Customized or modular equipment such as integrated microscopy and spectroscopy have helped to perform advanced experiments.
Investments in biomedical research have further boosted demand for sophisticated equipment with enhanced features and software. However, the cost of these equipments remains a challenge in this market. Tight budgets of research institutions and the recent economic meltdown have restrained market growth. Apart from this, very few companies are entering the microscopy market due to the high initial investment.
This research report categorizes the microscopy market on the basis of products, applications and latest technological advancements, while forecasting revenues and analyzing trends in each of the submarkets.
Each section will provide market data, market drivers, trends and opportunities, key players, and competitive landscape. This report will also provide market tables for covering the micro-markets along with more than 30 company profiles.
1.3 MARKETS COVERED
This research report categorizes the advanced microscopy technologies market into the following:
Microscopy Products (optical microscopy, digital microscopes, X-ray microscopy, electron microscopy, field ion microscopy, scanning probe microscopy, virtual microscopes, microscopy accessories and supplies)
Applications (cell counting, cytogenetics, forensics, drug discovery, real-time medical imaging and others)
1.4 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
Market information will be obtained through secondary research on company websites and news articles.
Market size of the segments will be calculated using the bottom-up approach.
Market revenues of key players will be determined by primary and secondary research, which includes study of the annual reports of the company and interviews with key opinion leaders, CEOs, directors and managers.
- Microscope manufacturers
- Microscope distributors
- Healthcare institutions (hospitals, laboratories, medical schools, and governing bodies)
- Various research and consulting companies
- Various research associations related to microscopy
1.1. KEY TAKE-AWAYS
1.2. REPORT DESCRIPTION
1.3. MARKETS COVERED
1.4. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.1. MARKET DEFINITION
3.3. MARKET SEGMENTATION
3.4. PRODUCT MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS
3.5. END-USER ANALYSIS
3.6. DRIVING FORCE ANALYSIS
3.6.1. SUPPLY-SIDE DRIVERS
3.6.2. DEMAND-SIDE DRIVERS
3.7. COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS
3.8. PATENT ANALYSIS
3.8.1. PATENTS BY ASSIGNEE
3.8.2. YEAR-ON-YEAR PATENTS
3.8.3. PATENTS BY GEOGRAPHY
3.9. EMERGING MARKETS
3.10. TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENTS IN MICROSCOPES
3.11. INFORMATION SYSTEMS
4. GLOBAL MICROSCOPY MARKET BY PRODUCTS
4.1. OPTICAL MICROSCOPES
4.1.1. COMPOUND MICROSCOPES
4.1.3. REFLECTING MICROSCOPES
4.1.4. PHASE-CONTRAST MICROSCOPES
4.1.5. FLUORESCENCE MICROSCOPES
4.1.6. CONFOCAL SCANNING MICROSCOPE
4.1.7. NEAR-FIELD SCANNING OPTICAL MICROSCOPE
4.1.8. INVERTED MICROSCOPES
4.2. CHARGED PARTICLE MICROSCOPES
4.3. DIGITAL MICROSCOPES
4.4. X-RAY MICROSCOPE
4.5. ELECTRON MICROSCOPES
4.5.1. TRANSMISSION ELECTRON MICROSCOPE (TEM)
4.5.2. SCANNING ELECTRON MICROSCOPE (SEM)
22.214.171.124. Table-top SEM
126.96.36.199. Entry level SEM
188.8.131.52. Research level
184.108.40.206. High resolution SEM (FE SEM)
220.127.116.11. Ultra high resolution SEM (UHR FESEM)
18.104.22.168. Conventional STEM
22.214.171.124. Cs corrected STEM
4.6. FIELD ION MICROSCOPE
4.7. SCANNING PROBE MICROSCOPE
4.7.1. SCANNING TUNNELING MICROSCOPES
4.7.2. AFM (ATOMIC FORCE MICROSCOPES)
4.8. FOURIER TRANSFORM INFRARED MICROSCOPY (FTIR)
4.9. ULTRAVIOLET MICROSCOPY
4.10. SCANNING ACOUSTIC MICROSCOPY
4.11. VIRTUAL MICROSCOPES
5. MICROSCOPY ACCESSORIES AND SUPPLIES
5.1. PHOTOMICROSCOPY EQUIPMENT
5.2. ILLUMINATION SYSTEMS
5.3. MICROSCOPE STAGES AND ACCESSORIES
5.7. SCANNING PROBES
6. GLOBAL MICROSCOPY MARKET BY APPLICATIONS
6.1. CELL COUNTING
6.4. DRUG DISCOVERY
6.5. REAL-TIME MEDICAL IMAGING
6.6. OTHERS (GENETIC ENGINEERING, STEM CELL RESEARCH, PARASITOLOGY, IMMUNOLOGY & VIROLOGY, ONCOLOGY, OTHER MEDICAL RESEARCH)
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1. MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS
7.2. NEW PRODUCT LAUNCHES
7.3. R&D IN MICROSCOPY
7.4. MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
8. GEOGRAPHIC ANALYSIS
8.1. NORTH AMERICA MICROSCOPY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES AND MARKET
8.2. EUROPE MICROSCOPY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES AND MARKET
8.3. APAC MICROSCOPY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES AND MARKET
8.4. ROW MICROSCOPY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES AND MARKET
9. COMPANY PROFILES
9.1. AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES
9.2. ASYLUM RESEARCH
9.3. APPLIED MATERIALS, INC.
9.4. BRUKER OPTICS, INC.
9.5. BUEHLER INC.
9.6. BECTON, DICKINSON AND COMPANY (BD)
9.7. CAMECA SA
9.8. CARL ZEISS SMT GMBH
9.9. CRAIC TECHNOLOGIES
9.10. DANISH MICRO ENGINEERING A/S
9.11. FEI COMPANY
9.12. GATAN, INC.
9.13. HITACHI HIGH TECHNOLOGIES LTD.,
9.14. JASCO INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD.
9.15. JOEL LTD.
9.16. KLA-TENCOR CORPORATION
9.17. KORIMA, INC.
9.18. LEICA MICROSYSTEMS INC. (DANAHER CORPORATION)
9.19. MIS, INC.
9.20. NANONICS IMAGING, LTD.
9.21. NIKON CORPORATION
9.22. NT-MDT CO.
9.23. OBDUCAT-CAMSCAN, LTD.
9.24. OLYMPUS CORP.
9.25. OMICRON NANOTECHNOLOGY GMBH
9.26. PACIFIC NANOTECHNOLOGY, INC.
9.27. PERKIN ELMER, INC.
9.28. PSIA CORP.
9.29. QUESANT INSTRUMENT CORP.
9.30. QUESTAR CORP.
9.31. SCHOTT NORTH AMERICA, INC.
9.32. SHIMADZU CORP.
9.33. SII NANOTECHNOLOGY, INC.
9.35. THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC CORP.
9.36. TM MICROSCOPES
9.37. VEECO INSTRUMENTS INC.
9.38. WITEC WISSENSCHAFTLICHE INSTRUMENTE UND TECHNOLOGIE GMBH