The Chilean personal accident and health insurance segment recorded strong growth in gross written premiums during the review period (2007–2011). This growth was driven by the country’s implementation of compulsory personal accident insurance, the rising health awareness among consumers and the increasing volume of outbound tourists from Chile. The country’s stable macroeconomic environment is expected to drive the growth of personal accident and health insurance over the forecast period. In addition, the segment will benefit from the country’s increasing consumer healthcare expenditure, obligatory personal accident insurance and favorable regulatory framework.
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the personal accident and health insurance market in Chile:
- It provides historical values for the Chilean personal accident and health insurance market for the review period (2007–2011) and forecast period (2012–2016)
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the Chilean personal accident and health insurance market, along with market forecasts until 2016
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- It analyses the various distribution channels for personal accident and health insurance products in Chile
- Using Porter’s industry-standard “Five Forces” analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Chile for the personal accident and health insurance business
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance market in Chile and its growth prospects
- It profiles the top personal accident and health insurance companies in Chile and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Buy your copy of this report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/168365-personal-accident-and-health-insurance-in-chile-key-trends-and-opportunities-to-2016.html
Published: June 2012
No. of Pages: 203
No. of Pages: 203
Price: Single User License – US$1950 Corporate User License – US$5850
- The steady growth in GDP and annual disposable income levels in Chile supported the expansion of the country’s personal accident and health insurance segment during the review period.
- The country’s improving health awareness and increasing annual disposable income will together encourage more citizens to purchase personal accident and health insurance products over the forecast period.
- Changing lifestyle patterns and improving health awareness among the Chilean population is encouraging more healthcare expenditure among citizens in the country. The demand for travel insurance in Chile has increased due to the rising volume of outbound tourists in the country.
- The SVS made personal accident insurance mandatory for all motor owners, who must purchase obligatory insurance at the same time as they acquire vehicle registration.
- Metlife Chile Seguros de Vida SA is the leading foreign insurer in Latin America, and is providing tough competition to the dominant local insurers in the country. The other leading Chilean personal accident and health insurance companies include BICE Vida, EuroAmerica, Cardif, BCI Vida, Security Vida, Santander, Sura, Cruz del Sur and ACE Seguros de Vida.
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Chilean personal accident and health insurance market and each sector within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Chilean personal accident and health insurance market
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the personal accident and health insurance market, along with the reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Chilean insurance market and its impact on companies and the market's future