This report is the result of an extensive survey drawn from Canadean’s exclusive panel of leading food and beverage industry executives. It analyzes how demand and growth expectations are set to change in the food and beverage industry in 2012–13. The report also provides access to information categorized by company type, company turnover, buyer, supplier and region.
Weak economic growth in developed nations forced key food and beverage companies to expand their operations in developing regions especially, the Asia-Pacific, Brazil, and the Middle Eastern regions. As a result, food and beverage companies are viewing emerging economies not only as production locations, but as chief customer bases for future growth. Respondents were asked, ‘Which emerging markets do you expect to offer your industry the majority growth over the next 12 months?’ Responses have been categorized by different stakeholder categories to identify the specific growth regions for each.
Global food manufacturer respondents consider China and India to offer the largest growth potential among emerging markets over the next 12 months. Furthermore, the Middle East and Brazil are identified as the other emerging markets with the most potential for growth in 2012.
Global F&B Industry: Top Five Emerging Markets, 2012
China represents the largest consumers of food products, mainly consisting of pork, corn, beef, and ready to eat food. A significant increase in household income, possibility of reduction in food prices due to ease of agri commodity prices, and changes in consumer attitude towards processed and healthy foods are factors that are expected to spur food consumption in China. Identifying these opportunities, many companies have expressed plans to expand their food processing and manufacturing capabilities in the country. For example, in February 2012, China's chief food company Uni-President Enterprises announced that it plans to invest US$100 million to build a factory in Jiangsu province in China. The new 40,000ft² factory will be built in two phases to increase production of pudding based products and instant noodles.
Reasons to buy
• Helps you to drive revenues by understanding market growth.
• Allows you to uncover the business outlook, demand in emerging markets and growth expectations in developed countries identified by suppliers and buyers.
• Access the opinions and forward looking statements of 210 industry executives, of which 29% represent Director and C-level respondents.
• The geographical scope of the research is global – drawing on the activity and expectations of leading industry players across the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Middle East.
• This report covers data and analysis on demand in emerging markets and growth expectations in developed countries.
Contact Sales@reportsandreports.com for further information.