Dallas, TX: ReportsandReports announce it will carry The Top 10 US Specialty Chemicals Companies: Response to recession, growth strategies and SWOT analysis Market Research Report in its Store.
The specialty chemicals operations of major US players remained relatively resilient during the downturn compared to their other business lines. The 2005-09 period also witnessed a considerable rise in consolidation activities among US companies. Some players are focused on backward integration of operations whilst others are aiming to offload non-core franchises. Consolidation is in part prompted by fluctuations in raw material prices and rising competitiveness in the global marketplace.
The report profiles major US players in the specialty chemical segment and elucidates trends associated with these companies, and insights into the opportunities and threats facing them.. This report provides detailed profiles of ten leading US specialty chemicals companies, containing descriptions of business, financial performance, growth strategies and SWOT analysis.
Key features of this report
- Key drivers and resistors to growth of leading US specialty chemicals companies.
- Common industry characteristics in strategies and performance of US specialty chemicals companies.
- Analysis of financial performance and growth strategies of leading specialty chemicals companies during 2005–09.
- Overview of specialty chemicals product portfolios of leading companies.
- SWOT analysis of the leading US specialty chemicals companies.
Scope of this report
- Learn from the strategies of US specialty chemicals companies to target future growth markets effectively, avoid their mistakes, replicate their successes and learn of the threats they face.
- Benchmark your performance against the leading US specialty chemicals companies by understanding their strategies.
- Measure the resistance of specialty chemicals operations of US companies during the economic downturn.
- Compare performances of specialty and non-specialty chemicals operations of US companies during the recent global recession.
- Save time, money and resources on analyzing the performance of leading specialty chemicals companies using this report.
Key Market Issues
- Raw material price fluctuations: Review of the 2005-09 period indicates that profits of specialty chemicals operations of leading US players are influenced by fluctuations in raw material prices. Fall in prices during the economic downturn had considerable effects on operating margins of US players.
- Fall in demand during downturn: Fall in demand considerably suppressed operating income of US companies in 2009. However, prompt restructuring activities enabled several companies to maintain steady levels of operating margin.
- Relative resistance of specialty chemicals operations: Business Insights observes that the impact was less profound when compared to non-specialty chemicals. The contribution of specialty chemicals to the decline in consolidated revenues was relatively modest. Our in house developed Revenue Growth Index clearly differentiates the performance of specialty and non-specialty operations of US players.
- Consolidation: US players are focused on consolidating their position in the global specialty chemicals market through backward integration and shifting attention to core franchises. Rohm and Hass was acquired by Dow Chemicals while Hercules was taken over by Ashland.
Key findings from this report
- The 10 leading US companies generated $13.3bn sales in 2009, accounting for 4.6% of the $288bn global specialty chemicals market.
- Huntsman was the largest US specialty chemicals company with $3.8bn sales in 2009.
- US specialty chemicals companies were not insulated from the fall in volume sales experienced by the global chemicals industry due to the economic downturn. The majority of these players were affected by the fall in industrial input costs as was observed in their selling prices.
- Business Insights’ Revenue growth index indicates that during the downturn, specialty chemicals businesses of US players performed better than their non-specialty operations.
Key questions answered
- What was the market size of the global specialty chemicals industry by value in 2009?
- What will be the market size of the global specialty chemicals industry during 2010-14?
- What are the key trends observed in the US specialty chemicals companies and strategic responses that are taking shape?
- Who are the major US players in the global specialty chemicals market?
- What are the growth strategies of the leading 10 companies?
- What are the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats facing the top 10 players?
Browse all Chemicals Market Research Reports
Browse all Business Insights Market Research Reports
Browse all Latest Report
Reports and Reports comprises an online library of 10,000 reports, in-depth market research studies of over 5000 micro markets, and 25 industry specific websites. Our client list boasts almost all well-known publishers of such reports across the globe. We as a third-party reseller of market research reports employ a number of marketing tools, such as press releases, email-marketing and effective search-engine optimization techniques to drive revenues for our clients. We also provide 24/7 online and offline support service to our customers.
7557 Rambler road,
Suite 727, Dallas, TX 75231